Here I’ll collate posts about neuroscience, philosophy and mental wellbeing generated from my ivory tower office full of aged whisky, supple leather and rich mahogany.
- Stoicism, Asceticism and financial independence – drafting
- On Brexit, social psychology and market timing – Does the stock market and ‘city’ exist within a separate social construct (with different attitudes and psychology) to the rest of the UK?
- Motivation: Are you running from or running to? – Understand the motivating factors behind your financial choices and drive for FI.
- Psychometrics, Myers-Briggs and the pseudoscience of personality analysis – A rant about the Myers-Briggs personality inventory.
- The neuroscience of a frugal mindset – Behavioural modelling, the limbic reward circuit and the lessons of delayed gratification.