Who am I?
- Investing novice
- I am aiming for FI, MrsFIREShrink is just a frugal person
- DINKY household
- Both professionals, myself in the NHS, MrsFIREShrink as an engineer
- Many hobbies; very important for happiness and general emotional balance. The world would be far happier if everyone had a hobby!
- Homeowners with a mortgage, multiple cars, typically middle class
What this blog is:
- A long term reflective journal on my efforts towards FIRE in 20-odd years
- A scrapbook of rants
- Some opinions and lessons I’ve learnt along the way
What this blog isn’t:
- Advice in any shape or form, do your own research
- Me telling you to do anything
- About making me money as a ‘side hustle’
For me, the goal is predominantly the FI, and not the RE. I worked hard at school and university to reach a professional position where I find fulfillment and happiness from work most days. I aim to be in a position where I don’t have to work, but choose to, and my net worth maintains itself without my wage.
My long form Investment Strategy and associated plans can be found here.
Blogs I follow.
Thanks for joining me along the way!