Who am I?
- Investing novice
- I am aiming for FI, MrsFIREShrink is just a frugal person
- DINKY household
- Both professionals, myself in the NHS, MrsFIREShrink as an engineer
- Many hobbies; very important for happiness and general emotional balance. The world would be far happier if everyone had a hobby!
- Homeowners with a mortgage, multiple cars, typically middle class
What this blog is:
- A long term reflective journal on my efforts towards FIRE in 20-odd years
- A scrapbook of rants
- Some opinions and lessons I’ve learnt along the way
What this blog isn’t:
- Advice in any shape or form, do your own research
- Me telling you to do anything
- About making me money as a ‘side hustle’
For me, the goal is predominantly the FI, and not the RE. I worked hard at school and university to reach a professional position where I find fulfillment and happiness from work most days. I aim to be in a position where I don’t have to work, but choose to, and my net worth maintains itself without my wage.
My long form Investment Strategy and associated plans can be found here.
Thanks for joining me along the way!