As I start this blog here’s a little summary.
- Investing novice – everything on this site is my opinion and not advice or guidance
- I am aiming for FI, MrsFIREShrink is just a frugal person
- Dual-income no kids household (though this may change over the next few years)
- Both professionals, myself in the NHS, MrsFIREShrink as an engineer
- Many hobbies; very important for happiness and general emotional balance. The world would be far happier if everyone had a hobby!
- Homeowners with an anxiety-inducing mortgage, multiple cars, solidly typically middle class
For me, the goal is predominantly the FI, and not the RE. I worked hard at school and university to reach a professional position where I find fulfillment and happiness from work most days. I made my own luck. I aim to be in a position where I don’t have to work, but choose to, and my net worth maintains itself without my wage.
My long form Investment Strategy is under development and can be found here:
Financial independence for myself and MrsFireShrink.
But beyond that, the aim is to save a sufficient amount to create a self-sustaining portfolio. The dream goal being to create a portfolio sufficient to support my family in the future and continue to grow.
Pretty lofty target for a novice.