I’ve had a fairly mad couple of months, working what could be conservatively put at 90 hour weeks, with a toddler to care for and sleep to somehow find. Therefore there will follow a flurry of posts covering various financial thoughts and my sitrep.
Checking the assets and liabilities:
These are taken, as always, from my Beast Budget spreadsheet. I saved another 30.1% of my salary in March, which was all funneled into cash savings ahead of new car purchase and BabyShrink nursery fees. My net worth rose 0.4% (sad reacts only please), as the markets continued to trade sideways and down, and I didn’t add anything further to them.
Budgets based on updated figures using my four year back-calculated monthly average from last month.
- Groceries: last month £351, March £260, budget £220 (still work to do)
- Eating out & Takeaway: February £34, March £79.62, budget £50
- Transport: Feb £573, March £432, budget £330 (my daily driver is increasingly costly)
- Holiday: Feb £0, Mar £125, budget £40 (booking things ahead of a trip)
- Personal: Feb £91, Mar £85, budget £120
- Health: Feb £250, £47.95, budget £150
- Misc: Feb £250, £96.56, budget £215
- Work fees: Feb £101, £189, budget £265
In the garden:
Sadly neglected due to work commitments.
Watch out for the next update soon…