Here lies a list of blogs now deceased, moved on to fairer lands…
On life support (>6 months since last post)
- Early Retirement Guy – First post 2014, most recent was the 18th of January 2020, with an annual net worth update from Guy after an eventful year
- Big Blue Money – Formerly Big Blue Money, now renamed to Coffee Money, posting intermittently
- Finance Your Fire – Marc participated in lots of the FIRE blogging scenes Thought Experiments etc, but last posted in August 2019
- Mess and Marigolds – Last posted on October the 15th 2019, their blog (mainly about cleaning with a bit of saving) started in September 2016.
- Ready Steady Retire – Posted for about two months, from November 7th 2019 to December 21st 2019.
- Little Miss Fire – We’ve been here before, and sad to see. LMF changed sites last year, and the new one appears to have been left while their spirits company takes the focus. First post sometime in 2018 I think? Last post 17th December 2019.
- FIDdom – Bec started posting way back in November 2017, with her last post on the 17th of November 2019.
- Bangkok 2 Blighty – Another big name, they started posting in April 2018, last post in October 2019.
- Fretful Finance – Blogged from December 2nd 2018, with the most recent update on January 25th 2020.
- 3652 Days – Fairly infrequently updated, but going since December 2015, so I suspect their post from January the 19th 2020 won’t be their last.
In the morgue (dormant for >1 year)
- Fire in London – First post in Nov 2016, last in December 2018
- Deliberate Living UK – First post 2017, last from Wephway was in January 2019
- Sex Health Money Death – Jim first posted in August 2015, and the last post was August 2018. At that point he was close to retiring, so he may well have blogged his last.
- Under The Money Tree – One of the original few, now dormant since December 2017
- UK Girl on Fire – First post April 14th 2019, last on July 31st 2019. A fair amount of indeedably inspired work on their site.
- Fire the 9 to 5 – A fairly big poster, last wrote on July 22nd 2019, first post February 28th 2018. They had retired early, so hopefully they’re off doing better things.
- Formerly Skint – Weekly money diaries started in January 2018 and dried up in January 2019
- Make Save Invest Money – Leon was posting from December 2017 to January 2019, and then appears to run out of steam
- The Finance Zombie – Last post in February 2019, infrequent prior but had been going since the 25th of September 2014.
Dead and buried
- Young FI Guy – One of my favourites, a titan, gone but not forgotten
- Mr Squirrel – Another titan, sorely missed
- The Fire Engine – About a month of posting
- Middle Class Hustlers – Lasted about two months
- Some Things Don’t Change – Been gone some time sadly
- Financially Free by 40 – the latest addition, Huw’s last post was in mid-2018. The domain is now up for grabs.
- Grizgal on Fire – Last posted on the 8th of October 2019, their website is now dead.
- Pursue Fire – Dan started in July 2018, last post in January 2020 winding up the blog.
- Liberate Life – Last posted on 11th September 2019, before deleting their website
- Chuffed 2 bits – Last posted in November 2019, the disappeared from this plane of existence
- Next Chapter FI – My records show they last posted on the 2nd of January 2020, before puffing into void.
- MsZiYou – Feminist FIRE fan, who at one point was podcasting as well as blogging. Close to FIRE and changes in life circumstances led her to close her blog.
The Lazarus circuit
These are bloggers who have returned from the edge, touched the void, etc:
- Sparklebee – After a six month hiatus returned to posting with the news they quit their job and were truly on countdown to FIRE!
- Rockstar Finance – Is now back under new management, but with a very barren site.
If you can think of any more please leave a comment below, and I’ll periodically return to update.
I am indebted to /u/reckless-saving over on /r/FIREUK, who makes this post so much easier.