Here lies a list of blogs now deceased, moved on to fairer lands…
On life support (>3 months since last post)
- The Finance Zombie – Last post in February 2019, infrequent prior
Early Retirement Guy – First post 2014, most recent June 2019, and that was a six month update– Guy posted an update the day this went out. He’s had a very eventful year, so I recommend a read.
- Make Save Invest Money – Leon was posting from December 2017 to January 2019, and then appears to run out of steam
- Formerly Skint – Weekly money diaries started in January 2018 and dried up in January 2019
- Frugal Student – Lewys started in August 2016, last post in April 2019
- Big Blue Money – Last post by Russell was in Jun 2019
- Disease Called Debt – Seems to have started around 2013, with last post about July 2019. Ad-tastic
- FIREthe9to5 – Genuinely sad to see this up here, last post in July 2019, by which time they had retired early.
- UK girl on fire – Posted from April to July of 2019 (with a lot of apparent inspiration from indeedably)
- Finance Your Fire – Marc participated in lots of the FIRE blogging scenes Thought Experiments etc, but last posted in August 2019
- Left FI – Blogged from May to August of 2019
- The English Investor – Last post at the end of August 2019
Pursue Fire – Dan started in July 2018, last post September 2019– Dan also posted an update just after this blogpost came out.
In the morgue (dormant for >1 year)
- Fire in London – First post in Nov 2016, last in December 2018
- Deliberate Living UK – First post 2017, last from Wephway was in January 2019
- Sex Health Money Death – Jim first posted in August 2015, and the last post was August 2018. At that point he was close to retiring, so he may well have blogged his last.
- Under The Money Tree – One of the original few, now dormant since December 2017
Dead and buried
- Young FI Guy – One of my favourites, a titan, gone but not forgotten
- Mr Squirrel – Another titan, sorely missed
- The Fire Engine – Lost the link to this one!
- Middle Class Hustlers – Lasted about two months
- Some Things Don’t Change – Been gone some time sadly
- Financially Free by 40 – the latest addition, Huw’s last post was in mid-2018. The domain is now up for grabs.
The Lazarus circuit
These are bloggers who have returned from the edge, touched the void, etc:
- Sparklebee – After a six month hiatus returned to posting with the news they quit their job and were truly on countdown to FIRE!
- 3652 Days – Fairly infrequently updated.
- Rockstar Finance – Is now back under new management.
If you can think of any more please leave a comment below, and I’ll periodically return to update.
I am indebted to /u/reckless-saving over on /r/FIREUK, who makes this post so much easier.